One of the best ways to get around Madrid are the bicycles of TMS (Bicimad).
To use them we must register and we can do it in two ways:
- Paid yearly. On the website www.bicimad.com, in the mobile app from Bicimad, telephone 010 (915 298 210 if you call outside of Madrid) or at the offices of care to the citizens of Madrid line. The user will receive a key of a subscriber to pick up your card at the totem of the station. From this moment on, the subscriber simply approaching any of the bases of BiciMAD to enjoy the service, provided that available balance on your card.
- As a user casually through the totem of the station, where you will be given a card of 1, 3 or 5 days and you will be billed at the end of the period selected on the basis of the use of the service.
How to choose a bike bicimad
The EMT de Madrid (Bicimad) bikes are a true wonder whenever they are working properly. However, it is important to choose one that is in good condition otherwise we can have problems. In theory we should not pay for a bike that is in poor condition but always faster is to choose well before introducing our card and thus avoid claims. To choose correctly, we recommend these steps:
- Verifie that the parking light is green. If it is not, it is simply discarded this bike.
- Check the status of the wheels. A punctured bicycle is a problem. Verifies that two wheels are in good condition. Just tighten them with two fingers or even give a little kick on the deck to verify that they are in perfect condition.
- Check the status of the electronics and battery. If your bike battery is in poor condition, will regret it when the slopes above. It is easy to check the load. Press the power button and watch the LEDs.
- Check the operation of the engine. Now that you know the wheels they are well and battery charged, just need check the battery power runs the engine. To make it a little with one hand lifting the rear of the bike and slightly move the pedals. You can do it with the other hand co even with one foot (cycling). The front wheel (the one that remains within the parking) will begin to roll. If it does not, it is that the bike has a problem. Test with another. It is important that to make this test you’ve previously fired the motor (On/Off button).
- The small details. Overcome after all these tests have a bike that you can circulate without problems. Now only missing (if you need it) check the Octopus of the carrier and the buzzer, operate. It is not essential but may be important.
- Insert your card and go 😉
Remember: If you have less than 16 years, the helmet is mandatory.